Sheena Snyder Biography
Sheena Snyder co-founded Military Law with her husband, Jeremy Snyder. She is the daughter of an Air Force pilot and served 12+ years as a military spouse and mom. During their assignment to the U.S. Embassy in Kuwait, she worked as a Special Investigator for the U.S. Department of State, in which she conducted background investigations for security clearances and regularly visited with U.S. diplomats and deployed military personnel.
Past Assignments and Experience
- Special Investigator, U.S. Department of State
- Conducted background investigations for diverse regions, including Kuwait, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, Morocco, South Africa, Lesotho, Sudan, Canada, Los Angeles, and New York
- Field Investigations, Overseas Region: supervised, led, and trained Special Investigators across 73 countries
- Developed and implemented a training program for a field of 900+ personnel
Thousands of leads, including but not limited to:
- Interagency and high priority cases
- Full subject interviews
- Reference interviews
- Financial records checks
- Employment records checks
- Adverse information cases
- Police and court records checks
Sheena Snyder – Lead Investigator for Military Law
Sheena brings her unique experience as a leading Special Investigator with the federal government for the benefit of every military client. She is skilled at working with military commands and law enforcement to collect information and to engage on behalf of our clients. These skills are particularly useful in conducting counter-investigations to assist clients facing AR 15-6 administrative investigations, commander inquiries, commander directed investigations (CDIs), and criminal UCMJ investigations by Military Police, Army CID, Air Force OSI, NCIS, or CGIS.
As a military child, spouse, and mom, Sheena has a personal connection to our military clients and their families. Sheena has a big passion for military families and seeks to build awareness and enhance opportunities for military children. She understands how their lives are often disrupted as they join with their parents in making sacrifices for our country.
Education and Qualifications
- University of Virginia, School of Education: #2 of 1,625 U.S. public universities
- Certificate of Appreciation for Community Service, Awarded by U.S. Ambassador to Kuwait
- Special Investigator and Area Coordinator, U.S. Department of State
- Training Developer, Field Investigations, U.S. Department of State